@MattRexrode on Twitter

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good vs. Evil... Carbs

Spring break, woo! Florida was a little out of our price range so we’re considering a somewhat impromptu road trip to VA. It would be nice to spend Easter with family… I should probably call them to make sure they’re in town that weekend, ha.


Midterms went well. School, blah.

Jen made some awesome lasagna and sausage bread for our friend’s birthday dinner. Today people were still raving about Jen’s cooking! I missed the event due to my set Fri/ Sat night schedule. Friday night I let my coworkers talk me into going out for a few drinks and I gave in, only because I’m not in class this week. They took me to their usual spot across the street called House of Brews and kept me out until 4am, but it gets late quickly when you don’t even get off work until after midnight.

Today we spent some quality time together out and about in the city. We picked up our favorite sandwich at our deli for lunch before doing some shopping in Herald Square (pic). The really fun part (sarcasm) was grocery shopping at our Chelsea Trader Joe’s afterward. Now that we’ve gone almost 6 weeks without sweets and can control most of our cravings we decided to try to rid our diet of some of the more hidden sugars. Refined carbohydrates, sweetened dried fruit and yogurts, and cereal with the second ingredient as sugar are out, for example. Jen is in complete agreement with the idea, noting that her last few pleasures in life are being taken away from her. I’ll keep you posted as to how long it takes her to commit suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment