@MattRexrode on Twitter

Thursday, April 7, 2011

MIB 3

If you want to gawk at celebs, come to our neighborhood. As I’ve written before, I hear it’s much easier to get a permit to film in our neighborhood than in Manhattan because of less congestion and rules and regulations. Not to mention that two major studios, LIC’s Silvercup and Astoria Kaufman, are in our borough. Here are some side parking postings (pics) that I saw around LIC today for shoots happening tomorrow. The first flyer is for The Good Wife which must be a Silvercup production because they are always around. The second one, Georgetown, I haven’t heard anything about yet. If I wasn’t going to be stuck in lab all morning I would stroll by to see who’s in it.

Wednesday night at work my coworkers and I were all pumped to see Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith filming Men in Black 3. There were signs posted for a few days that stated they would start shooting a night scene on Restaurant Row that evening. We were fighting over the section upstairs by the windows where we could see all the big star trailers. They were supposed to start filming at 7 but by then everything was gone because it started raining. We were pretty disappointed, though I was more disappointed when someone told me Will Smith is a scientologist trying to keep it on the down low. Apparently people keep spotting him coming out of their NYC headquarters which is just a block away from the restaurant. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment