@MattRexrode on Twitter

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

FDNY EMT CPR

With my first real clinical assignment approaching at the end of next month there are a lot of things I need to do in preparation. Most importantly, I need to pass all my finals and practicals in the school clinic which are the first and second week in June.


Friday my class and I spent the morning getting CPR certified, a pre-assignment requirement, by two FDNY EMTs. So many acronyms, lol. Paul and Nemo (yes that was his real name) were very entertaining and tried to get through all the information as fast as they could. It was the best certification class I’ve ever taken, and I’ve seen a lot of them.

Saturday’s doctor visit, another requirement for my assignment, at an NYU med student clinic was an interesting experience. The good news first: it was all free. The bad news: I waited a total of about three hours to see all the people I needed to, students using my arms as practice for their “needle work,” and the wait for my blood work results was quoted at about two weeks. I’m cutting it close to my deadline and pray I get all the paperwork in on time. If I believed the world was going to end on Saturday evening, I wouldn’t have spent the whole day in a doctor’s office.

Jen’s doing well. She asked for and received her second raise at work in all eight months she’s been there. I’m so proud! She’s slowly working her way towards what her boss should have been paying Jen from the beginning... jerk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment