@MattRexrode on Twitter

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Four! More! Years!

There's so much to write about but so little time to do it sometimes. I told myself that when it got cold and therefore slightly fewer fun things to do in NYC, I would pick up weekend shifts at another clinic. So, I contacted the agency that put me to work after I had just become licensed. They came through for me again by getting me Saturdays at Sheepshead Nursing (Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn). What can I say, I'm an easy sell. :) It's nice and laid back there on Saturdays. A few of my coworkers from Lutheran also do coverage there and the pay is basically equal to time and a half of my full time hourly rate at Lutheran. The downside is that the week feels a bit longer and the weekend a bit shorter.

We have a dry erase "inspirational quote board" in our PT gym at work and I was just reminded of a quote that a patient of mine requested to be displayed: "We don't die, we kill ourselves." I found her cynicism really funny but figured it was a bit too morbid, considering the setting.

Anyway, it has been perfect weekend coverage weather lately... COLD! And I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week

This Friday, November 22nd, marks our four year wedding anniversary. I think on Friday we're just going to pick a place for dinner here in Park Slope and then see the second Hunger Games movie. Nothing too crazy since four is kind of a lame number... We are considering taking a trip to North Fork Long Island on Sunday to tour a vineyard and attend a wine tasting. It's something we've been wanting to do but with the holidays coming up, we have to see if that's in the ole budget.

And finally, as if you needed any more proof that I am awesome and adored at work, another previous patient of mine sent a nice thank you note and gift basket in today (pic). I made sure to show my boss a pic of the basket and take him a shiny red apple. Shameless, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment