@MattRexrode on Twitter

Monday, February 15, 2010

Animal Attraction




Great weekend, although Valentine’s Day in particular was… an experience. After church we went to the champagne brunch at The Rusty Pelican where at one point we considered having our wedding reception. The fare and panoramic view of Tampa Bay was the best and I regret not taking a picture.
After brunch we rolled, I mean drove to the Lowry Park Zoo. It was $5 day and a little crowded but I could still see why it is rated #1 in the country. Better than the Bronx Zoo even. I’m a sucker for petting zoos so we had to hit that up. My favorite attraction was probably the giraffes. Around two we made our way back to the car to get to yoga before dinner with the in-laws. As the car came into view I realized we were blocked in. Who does that!? People are not smart! So needless to say after the parking guys unsuccessfully tried to “bounce” the other car out of the way and waiting for a tow truck, we missed yoga. We did however meet the director of the park who gave us 4 free tickets and some water. She was very nice and we will go back!
In more animal news our balcony bird, who remains nameless is feeding her two little chicks. Pup has given her intimidation tactics a rest but still keeps an eye on them as the mother vomits into her babies little mouths. How cute.

Oh, I think I found a furnished room in NYC! My roommate would be French and lives in Sunnyside which is conveniently located two stops on the 7 from school. We’re working out some details but should finalize tomorrow. I’m also learning that a few pals from high school live in the city, crazy. I don’t consider it a coincidence, but that God is just working it all out for us. We had Crockpot Beef Bourgignon for dinner, viva la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment